Saturday, April 9, 2011

Anika Visits Me


My visit with Anika was fun, super, awesome, lovely, happy, fresh, impressive, and wonderfully nice.

Highlight number 1: Pizza at Three Monkeys. Getting to go for pizza at my favourite restauarant in Bali, the Three Monkeys with my friend Anika was spectacular and the drinks we had were off the roof. We had mocktails that were rainbow.

Highlight number 2: Getting to learnhow to scuba dive on Gili Trawangan. With Anika we went to Gili T for five days. On the second day we were there we went for an intro PADI course to see if we wanted to learn how to dive. We had a great instructor named Vanessa. On the first day we learned the basics and we went to the pool first. In the pool we got to put on the diving equipment and practice diving skills before we would hit the ocean.

After our little pool session went to our place next door and hit the sack.

The next day we went into the ocean and got to see a lot of fish. We saw clown fish, rainbow fish, puffer fish and rock fish and way more fish than I could have imagined. While we were under we had an unexpected encounter with a Trigger Fish. It attacked us as our instructor Vanessa held us up high while she kicked off the trigger fish with her fins. It was kind of creepy. After the trigger fish we got out of the water and went in to shore. After the diving and ever since my ears have been hurting a lot. It feels like I'm on an airplane and when I yawn my ears pop. I do not want to go diving again because of my sensitive ears.

Highlight number 3: Waterbom (a big water park). The opportunity of going to Waterbom and going on crazy scary water slides plus tubing little rivers and down water slides was great. But including Anika it was even better. I liked it because we could go on double tubes together and we could go down more water slides because our weight would be more. Some water slides you had to be a certain weight and by putting us together we were like the weight of an adult.

What was special about the visit? My best friend, Anika, had come from the other side of the world to see me and my family and to do all of this cool stuff (including surfing) with me.

by Chloƫ

No comments:

Post a Comment